GAC 100: Universal Acrylic Polymer / S.I.D. Blocker / Most Flexible GAC Polymer.
- This polymer is one of the most universal used in paint manufacturing. Artists who had used "Rhoplex" (a registered trade name) will find that this GAC most closely reflects the properties to which they were accustomed.
- The GAC 100 is a useful polymer for protecting against Support Induced Discoloration (S.I.D.).
- The most flexible with a moderate level of tack and gloss.
- Useful for diluting and extending colors, especially when film flexibility and integrity are important characteristics.
- Wets pigment surfaces well. The most ideal for artists formulating their own paints.
GACs can be blended with GOLDEN Acrylic Paints to extend the paint, regulate transparency, create glazes, increase gloss, reduce viscosity or improve adhesion and film integrity. The GAC polymers can also be used for binding pigment solids for various effects and surfaces. Unlike the other GOLDEN Mediums and Gels, GAC Acrylic Polymers have only a minimum amount of thickeners, levelers, defoamers and surfactants to ensure good film formation.
The consistency of the GAC polymers is very fluid, and thinner than other GOLDEN Mediums. Since they do not have thickeners added, these polymers will reduce the thickness of most GOLDEN Acrylic Paints. GOLDEN Fluid Acrylics are slightly thicker than the GACs, but will be the color line least changed in viscosity with any addition of a GAC polymer.
Each GAC product represents a unique polymer that offers certain specific attributes. Therefore, each GAC will have its own unique benefits and applications. Refer to the individual product description of each GAC (below) to find the proper medium to use for a particular application.