Liquitex Basics Matte
- Value Priced
- Dries to a flat matte surface, with good color intensity.
- Extra opaque.
- Even leveling, free flowing formula.
- Rich saturated color.
- Gouache-like properties.
- Water resistant when dry.
- Creamy, Soft Body allows for easy brush out and thinning with water or Liquitex mediums.
- Colors are intermixable with all Liquitex Professional Grade Colors and Mediums.
- All colors are non-toxic and hold the AP seal from ACMI for safe educational use.
- 36 color spectrum of permanent pigments.
- 75ml and 200ml tubes.
Characteristics of High Quality Acrylic Paints
- Water soluble colors while wet, water resistant when dry.
- Permanent, water insoluble, flexible colors when dry. Built-up surfaces will remain free of cracks and chips. Less flexible in cold weather.
- Air-dry by evaporation. Thin paint films: 10 - 20 minutes. Thick paint films: 1 hour - 3 days.
- Surface of a dry acrylic painting can be cleaned by gently washing with soap and water however the very matte surface of Basics Matt may be subject to scuffing and increased sheen resulting from cleaning.
- Keep brushes wet. Clean up brushes, hands and palette with soap and water.
- Little odor, no fumes, nonflammable. Uses non-toxic thinners and mediums.
- Do not mix with turpentine or oils. Mix only with other acrylic emulsion paints or mediums.
Cleanup of Acrylic Paints
- From hands: Wet or dried acrylic paint cleans with soap and water.
- From brushes: Clean wet brushes with soap & water. Clean dried acrylic brushes with acetone, denatured alcohol or equivalent product. These cleaning solutions are toxic. Care should be taken during use.
- From clothing: While paint is wet, clean with water and/or window cleaner. Dried acrylic paint is permanent on fabric.
- From painting surface: While paint is wet, wipe with damp rag, clean with water. When paint is dry, simply paint over surface with desired colors and motif.